oDesk Certified oDesk Professional

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

This year...

...I resolve to earn millions and live happily ever after! Really! This year!

Seems my posts are a little thin on the ground at the moment. Here are my excuses: Shannon is on holiday, Jordan requires six pairs of eyes watching him at all times to prevent total destruction of either himself or his surroundings. I only have 1 pair last time I checked so everything is not safe.

So, Christmas and New Year happened. I think. At least that may be what the blur was that flashed past at the end of 2008. I have a good feeling about them so must have been enjoyed by all. As I said, a bit of a blur. Someone said to me that the way the earth has erroded over the years means it is smaller and therefore spins faster on it's axis and so time has sped up. Not sure how that works with hours, minutes and seconds, but after this recent festive season I feel I may begin to believe it!

Anyway, here we are in 2009 and big things are afoot. Jordan walks. He gave it a proper shot on New Years day and had it mastered by the second day! He also climbs. Which is where the 6 pairs of eyes come in. My little angel boy has been known to remove plants, roots and all, from their pots, relieve glasses of their very useful, and in fact necessary, arms, and do back flips off the couch. The latter ended with him landing deftly on his head where he now sports a carpet imprinted bruise to be proud of. The fact that people will think I beat my children over the head with carpet covered blunt objects was perhaps not considered prior to the event! And my glasses are currently convalescing out of reach with glue in all the right places - hopefully! I remain optimistic... for now! Slowly transferring the pot plants to the garden is my only defence in that area.

Shannon seems to be getting longer and skinnier as the weeks pass, I am holding out for her to fill out a bit before her next growth spurt in the interests of not snapping in the middle. Other than that she is very interested in everything that is going on to the point that her incessant questioning of 'who was that, Mom' or 'who were you speaking to?' or 'what did she say, mom?' or 'where are we going?' 'who is coming here?' 'why did you do that?' may be the last straw with my insanity! aaaaaggghhhhhhhh! School starts next week, they can share some of the inquisition!!! Shannon is a fabulous big sister and has assumed the role of pair of eyes number 3 in the hope of salvaging some of her own things from destruction.

That's all I have time for, The Destructor is awake and I must return to sentry duty. Happy 2009! This is a good year!

5 comments:

Geriatric Gapper said...

When you make your million, please remember your dear old Mummy! xxxx

Mom de Plume said...

You will be the first person I shop for... for a plane ticket to come and visit us!!!

Anonymous said...

To visit you in Oz I hope! After you make your millions you'll use it to come to Oz right? what i'm saying is, you be in Oz right? OZ??OZOZOZOZOZOZOZ...WITH MEEEEEEEE!
phew reading what your little toddler gets up to is making me sweat a little under the collar.. but at the same time making me even more excited about what is to come! Lots of love to you all

Clare said...

At least rushing after Jordan will keep you in tip top shape! And although driving you to distraction, the fact that Shannon is interested in everything is great! Hopefully she will wear herself out at school next week :-) Here's hoping you make those millions! xx

Sparx said...

well done Jordan - I hope this year pans out the way you want it to!