oDesk Certified oDesk Professional

Friday, July 17, 2009

I was chatting to my Mum yesterday and she gently pointed out that I have failed miserably to update this blog recently. Too much work taking up too many words is my excuse. I mentioned that to Mum and then proceeded to tell her of all the antics Jordan has been up to recently... I thought it may as well make for some blogging fodder so here goes:

I don't feel it necessary to explain why but for some completely unknown reason I emptied the vacuum cleaner bag onto the grass as the back of the garden, rather than into, slightly less messily, a plastic packet. It made a little bit of a mess!

Having vastly more important things to do than pick up vacuum cleaner fluff from the grass I thought I would come back to it later, and I left it. Jordan found it.

Mumeeeeeee!!! Mumeeeeee!!! Mumeeeeee!!! had me dashing into the garden to see what life threatening situation the mini monster had got himself into, only to find him, hands clasped behind his back (I kid you not!) staring at the ground. Right near the Fluff.

Mumeeeee!!! lor!!! (floor) (Pointing now, so as to avoid any miscommunication!)
Oooh yes, look at that, how did that happen?
Mess!!!
Yes, it is rather messy!
way!!! (away)!

.....'scuse me?

Since when does the mother get told off by the only-just-1-and-a-half year old?

That's not the only time either! We have Sean's parents staying with us so, in order to make more room in the kitchen, I reorganised it! I merely swapped the microwave with the kettle and toaster to make more work space!

Jordan came home from pre-school and stood in the kitchen, looking from one side to the other. He stood there for a good minute before pointing at the microwave and yelling BACK! Then he pointed at the toaster and kettle and once again yelled BACK!

I may not actually be the one in charge in this house after all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee what a cutie!! Nicola's boy Blake is the same age so I always watch him and imagine Jordan doing what he's doing... so hard that they grow up so fast and we never get to see each other!!

Mom de Plume said...

True that!!!

Clare said...

Ha ha hilarious! He's going to be a tidy boy! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! My 5 year old daughter is the same way, only when it comes to her clothes and her hair. "It's not high, Mommy!" which mean her ponytail is too low.

I've given you an award! Claim it at http://juliecornewell.blogspot.com/2009/08/the-award-goes-to.html