oDesk Certified oDesk Professional

Monday, November 30, 2009

5 things...

my children said over the weekend that made me laugh:

1. Is it yours Mummy? - Jordan, very innocently, after having been sent to the naughty mat twice for trying to use my make up and not stopping after being asked at least a million times. (No, I am not prone to exageration.)

2. But the car is on water pilot. - Shannon when asked if her brother could have a turn pretending to drive while we waited for Dad to come out of a shop.

3. Daddy! Look at the pantis! - Jordan regarding the praying mantis (which turned out to be a stick insect) that was entangled in the net curtain.

4. Mummy, Shannon's not being my friend! - Jordan... he is not yet 2, I can't help but laugh especially when i know he is just coppering (Shannonism) his sister!

5. Hi, my name is Shannon and when I grow up I want to be a Doctor. - Shannon at her preschool graduation. The other girls picked ballerina or shopping lady (!), and Shannon had been 'practising' ballerina the whole time prior, so where Doctor came from I'll never know, but she surely raised a laugh for her efforts! Oh, and of course I will have to hold her to it. She made her bed...

6 comments:

Clare said...

ha ha - they are so funny! Just what I needed after a long day at work! xx

Anonymous said...

Kids are just great for those little comments that come out when least expected and really needed to brighten up your day...although I'm sure some of the time you have to laugh quietly to yourself so they don't say - like Shannon used to- "It's not funny guys!"

Mom de Plume said...

Yes, they are a tonic! And always when you least expect it so it catches you off guard.

Unknown said...

Wow, I really love what you’re doing at your blog. Keep up the great work!
A favorite website and children’s author that I’d like to share http://DannyTheDragon.com the book is a nomine for Best Children’s Picture Book of 2009! I think you may like to visit the author as well http://TinaTurbin.com

Mom de Plume said...

Thanks, Imagination! Will do!

Children's books fan said...

Hi - I'm Rosie Newman from Imagination Publishing Group - perhaps we can get you a copy of Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy for your review? Please contact me directly and thank you for your interest!