oDesk Certified oDesk Professional

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Birthday Debrief!

So it seems I was right - Shannon is a people magnet! This well loved little madam recieved birthday wishes from FAR AND WIDE!

On Sunday we had a birthday party for her and her friend Jessica, who turned 2 on the 20th, in the conservancy in our complex! It was FANTASTIC! The weather was perfect, the kids had so much fun playing in the stream that they forgot to eat the junk food on offer, this meant there was plenty for the adults, family and friends came to join us and everything went perfectly!

Yesterday I sent a Chocolate Brownie Cake (secret recipe care of Grandma Hendry) to school with 3 candles and everyone sang happy birthday to Shannon which made her feel very special! While we were getting ready for school I told Shannon she was not allowed to touch her cake (for obvious reasons... evil mommy that I am!) so she clung to the sides of the tray it was in, sitting up very straight and proud, and told Sean and I how she was going to share with her friends but how it was her cake because it was her birthday!

The in the evening her Cousins and Aunts and Uncles (including Clare in England who phoned) came to wish her happy birthday and spoil her with even MORE presents! Sean and I gave her a swing set which is very robust but in need of a paint job and of which she is VERY proud. When we took her outside to show her, she was so disbelieving that she just clung to Sean with the most vigorous hug I think he has ever had!

So all in all I think she is even MORE aware of how special she is and how much everyone loves her! Thank you everyone for the amazing and generous presents given to Shannon I am sure she will treasure them all!

Will add photos later as my camera needs recharging ... grrr!

No comments: